Thursday, March 10, 2011

So Excited!

I'm pretty damn excited right now - really looking forward to Sunday.  Honorary Big Sister Jen made plans to go cross country schooling with another friend, and she invited me along!  Yay!  We're going to Calimar Farms, which is where Sparky made his first-ever XC schooling trip.  It's a beautiful facility... maybe this time I'll manage to not fall off at the ditch!  I still haven't decided which horse to take.  Sparky is the DEP - Designated Event Pony - but I also feel like Star might like to go, and have a break from our usual routine.  Hmmmm....  The important part here, though, is that Jen obviously understood that I was right when I posted on her Facebook page, "No fair going XC schooling without me!" hee, hee... (nevermind that in reality, I am a good source for gas-splitting needs).

Also in the future (next weekend, that is), Star will be playing at hunter for one of Honarary Big Sister Jen's students at Wills Park.  The girl who will be riding her is on Jen's IEA team and regularly takes lessons with Jen.  She's an absolute doll, so I'm excited about her showing Star.  Jen will take Star to PWF on Monday so her student can ride Star in her lesson.  They'll be showing in the Jr/Sr division, with jumps at 2'6".  I'm excited to hear how it goes.

Maybe I should actually pull Star's mane... 

No comments:

Post a Comment